Monday, February 23, 2009

Stupid Girls

I work with a stupid girl. I, for privacy purposes, can't explain why she's so stupid, but I'm willing to in person. It actually makes me angry at just how stupid this girl is, and how shitty she must think she is to do the things she does. She's such a nice person. She does a great job at what she does. Great personality, attractive, funny, kind-hearted...Why does she treat herself this way? Why does she need to keep the company of men who repeatedly treat her like shit?! The things she's willing to do just to not be alone...

I asked a friend, "How do I prevent my own daughter from becoming stupid?" She told me to keep her father in the picture. Yet, I grew up without a father in the picture, as did my own sister. We are NOT stupid girls! We believe we deserve more than some bullshit that's out there. We don't believe that being mistreated is alright, as long as we're not alone. We have strength and self-worth.

So I guess all I can say is, thanks, Mom!

4 comments:

CloudyMentos said...

The not having the father in the picture can be viewed in both terms I suppose. It can make them stronger, or it can make them weaker, like you said "thanks mom!" the mother's behavior and teachings can be all the difference. So maybe it's not keep the father in the picture, but teach your daughter(s) that they can make it with or without a man in the picture, and that no matter what happens in life they deserve to be happy.

There's a lot to be said for feminine strength these days, that girl you work with should learn a thing or two about it...

The Spare said...

I will TOTALLY teach my daughter to be happy with herself, with or without a man! :o)

Theresa said...

I second Zoomy's comments. :-)

Mom said...

Mothers have a lot to do with it. If you keep in touch with your children, listen to them and give them a sense of self-worth, they will be able to make good decisions and make it on their own if and when necessary. We are NOT defined by the man in our lives, we are enriched by him, IF he is a good man. Fortunately my daughters have chosen well and have caring husbands. They allow my daughters to be individuals yet are there for support. For that, I love my sons-in-law. They are an extension to my family-I consider them my sons also-I have three daughters and three sons and love them all dearly.