Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Birthday



So, the big 2-7 was yesterday. I began my morning by opening a gift from my hubbie. He bought me a beautiful turquoise bra and panty set from Victoria's Secret (it's the secret embrace, so it's really soft)....very nice :o)

Work was next. Usually when it's someones birthday at work, I start the birthday card around to be signed, then put it on the time clock so that person sees it when they come into work. Since I didn't send my own around, I figured no one else did. So, I wrote in happy birthday in my own card and started to send it around to be signed. What was nice....they already did it...2 whole weeks ago! My husband surprised me at work by bringing me my ever famous angel food cake with sticky frosting...MMM!! I was nice and shared with people at work. The kids that were in my class last year made me birthday cards all day long, and one class sang to me :o) I even got a gift card for dinner from my boss ;o). The most shocking....I get a "happy birthday" call from my father...WHOA! The man never remembers! He called to wish me a happy day, and I briefly spoke to my aunt. I did not receive a "Happy Baby" song this year, hee hee ;o)

Ok, so then I went home. I opened my other gifts when my husband arrived. I got a shredder, which I've been asking for all year (that's the only thing I've been asking for) and the "Carnivale" DVD boxed set (great series!). We then got ready and went out to dinner at On The Border. We sat outside beside this huge bowl fountain filled with rocks. It was such a nice night outside. We ordered drinks (a strawberry Margarita and a shot of tequila) and then my hubbie went to get cigs. The waiter came back and asked for my i.d. Then he put the drinks on the table and asked if there was anything we were celebrating that night, because usually they get all the waiters and announce it to the entire restaurant. My response? "Nope, no special occasion here. Just another day." He left, my husband came back, and we sat and talked while drinking. After a while, and almost the bottom of my glass, I realized we'd never received chips and salsa. So as the waiter walked by, "Dude! Aren't we supposed to get chips or something?" "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I'll get right on that."--Calling him "dude" got us free queso :o) So, we're eating our chips and they take our order. I also order another margarita and shot ;o) After a while, they bring out dinner. My husband's was fine, mine was COMPLETELY wrong...not at all what I had ordered. Waiter says, "I am so sorry. I was about to yell at the kitchen staff and then realized my pudgy fingers pushed the button right next to it. I am so sorry, it was my responsibility and I"ll go into the kitchen and yell 'rapido!' and they'll get it right out." I told him I liked how he held himself accountable for his mistake and said alright. My sweet husband waited for my meal. The waiter checks on us, and asks him why he's not eating. His response, "What kind of husband would I be if I sat here and ate in front of my wife?" So waiter took his away to heat it and have it come out with mine. My second drink is still not here, so I get another waiter to check on it. Dinner comes, mine is fine, my husband's is still cold, so it goes back again. This time, the manager brings it out, "I made this one myself, so let me know how it is." Everything was great, my drink finally arrived, the food was good. Then...as I go to take a scoop of rice, I see a critter crawling around. Now, granted, we're outside, so I'm wondering if it was already on my plate, or if it just landed. It had no wings... So the manager comes out again to check on us, and we point out the critter. He says it looks like one he's seen outside, and asks me if I want another plate. I tell him if it's from outside, it's fine. We chose to sit outside and they can't help those conditions, and that I didn't want to be a pain. He insisted that he's dealt with pains, and that I was by no means being a pain, but I really didn't want a spitter in my food since we've already sent back stuff twice and got the wrong food, so I insisted everything was alright (didn't eat the rice). Waiter comes out again, apologizes profusely, and asks since it's my birthday if he can do something with the other waiters to help make up for anything. I tell him that if he gets the other waiters, the entire table will be com'pt (we're joking and laughing with the waiter the entire time. He was quite entertaining, and I also had 4 drinks in me). Then the manager comes out again, tells us our meals have been com'pt, gives us his card and coupons for dessert later, and we just end up paying for the drinks :o)

Then I went home and, well.......:o) Happy Birthday to ME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Sounds like you made the best of it. Kudos to you.

penners said...

You know Adam's gift for you was really for him... ;)

And I'm glad to hear you still had a good time with all the difficulties with dinner.

Happy Birthday again!

:)

GC said...

Happy burfdays!

SMOKING HOT GREAT BIG KNOCKERS! said...

I did not forget! just wanted to say Feliz cumpleaƱos! truly from my heart.