Monday, March 17, 2008

I'M ALIVE!!!

Yes, I know it's been a long time, but I'm here. There's just been a lot of "family time" which has kept me busy. Because of the way arrangements fall on this month and year, we have had my step-daughter for coming up on 4 straight weekends, with the week of spring break as well. I must say, the more she's around, the easier it is, and then you just fall into this routine, completely different from my just-me-and-my-husband routine. Needless to say, I miss my husband very much, and we're both looking forward to having "adult time" together, more so than just an hour before bed :o) We have played miniature golf, race go-carts, went to the Dallas Zoo, played at the park and will see "Horton Hears a Who"...(sigh!).

Here are some pictures (sorry none include my step-daughter):



We also went to the Greenville Ave. St. Patrick's Day parade. It was my first time, my step-daughter goes annually, and Adam hasn't gone in a couple of years. It was alright...we all caught lots of beads. I caught an SMU shirt!

I recently went on a "girl's night" with my sister-in-law. It was fun! I didn't have to pretend I enjoyed going to some bar and holding a table while my friends danced. We got pedicures and then went to dinner. We talked the whole time...and I was home by 10:00 pm! We're hoping to do this as a once-a-month event :o)
Other than that...We're going to Adam's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. They are renewing their wedding vows and having a reception at a hotel. It should hopefully be a nice evening where Adam and I can sneak in some "adult time".

1 comment:

penners said...

I had fun too!

And as soon as Dave is well enough to take care of Sofia on his own again... we're on!

:)