Thursday, October 18, 2007

Damn bug!

So, I'm driving to work (just left) minding my own business. I notice there's a bug in my hair, so of course I can't just let it stay there. I become the idiot woman who looks in her visor mirror to get rid of the bug. All of a sudden, there's a freaking car in front of me! I have no other choice but to grip the wheel, close my eyes, slam on the breaks and hope for the best....no such luck! This is my car after the damn bug:


Luckily, no one was hurt. My car (VW Passat) absorbed the entire crash, so nothing really hit me. The passenger air bag went off, but not mine (my husband says this is because that's where the car hit first, on the passenger side). I scratched my leg, and it stung, but no head injuries or any telltale signs. The other guy was driving a Cadillac which was barely damaged (some of the bumper fell, but it was drivable). The guy wasn't hurt or anything. The cops came; a wrecker came and towed my car to my husband's dealership. What's really nice was that today, of all days, my husband and I left the house at the same time, and we travel the same route, so he was coming up behind me, saw that I was in an accident, and was there to be with me (he didn't see it happen though).

Everyone is saying that my car is totalled. There's serious damage to the engine, the body, the driver's side door won't shut.... At my husband's shop there's a rep lady who works for "The Body Shop". She saw it and immediately said it was totalled. I also have gap insurance, so if it is totalled, I am covered and won't have to continue making any sort of car payment. What's sad is that I just got this car. I loved this car! I've wanted a Passat for so long! It was my first "grown-up" car. My husband keeps telling me we'll get another one, "they make more, baby." I just feel bad; I feel like I was this huge inconvenience to everyone. I was pretty close to going to work just because I wasn't really hurt and I was supposed to help out on a field trip (after EVERYONE telling me not to, I changed my mind). (Sigh)...next time, I'll follow my sister's advice and just leave the bug there!

3 comments:

SMOKING HOT GREAT BIG KNOCKERS! said...

SO SORRY THIS HAPPENDED TO YOU! OUCH. THE SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME BACK IN APRIL. ONLY A THREE MONTHS AFTER I BOUGHT MY FIRST NEW CAR EVER! IT REALLY SUCKED. NOTHING HAPPEND TO THE PERSON IN FRONT OF ME, BUT MY CAR GOT DESTROY. I SHOULD OF TAKE A PICTURE BUT NOW THAT I SEE YOUR CAR IT WAS EXACTLY LIKE YOURS. OUCH. CRASHING BECAUSE OF A BUG. OUCH I HATE BUGS! ESPECIALLY ROACHES. YUCK. I HOPE EVERYTHING IS BETTER. TAKE CARE

Anonymous said...

I love you, Cori. I'm glad you're ok. :-)

Anonymous said...

The offer to spoon is still up for grabs....I know you wanna! :)