Sunday, October 28, 2007

The New Car

Yesterday had to be one of the worst days. I woke up in this terribly angry bitchy mood, for absolutely no reason. And in this mood, I had to car shop. Now, with the Passat, I never car shopped. I didn't have to look....it found me. It was the easiest car buying experience I've ever had! It was "meant to be."

My dear sweet husband was so nice and patient and tolerable. He never once took my bad mood personally and then become bitchy himself. He never told me to quit complaining or whining. He simply hugged me, kissed me, and asked me what I wanted. I was so in love with my Passat, nothing was going to satisfy me. I test drove an identical green Passat, which I just wasn't feeling. It was kind of crappy on the inside. I also test drove 2 Passat wagons. I liked an '07 black wagon, but we couldn't afford the payments. I told the salesman, "Well, thanks anyway. Sorry I wasted your time. It's just not the day." And I would have walked out. I didn't want ANY of those cars...I wanted my Passat! Then he told us about a navy blue Jetta that was really nice. So I test drove it, and then settled for it. My husband told me not to just settle for something, but no matter what it was, I was going to feel like I was being rushed, pushed and like I was settling. I needed him to tell me that there was no possible way I was going to get a Passat like last time. I had such a great deal with that car, and a whole other car to turn in as a down payment. So, I bought a 2003 navy blue VW Jetta GLX, 190 horsepower, VR6 engine, tan leather interior with seat warmers (a must with leather!), power everything, sunroof...here it is:



My husband is completely in love with this car. He's very excited about driving it...I'm getting there. I feel better about it today over yesterday. And, in a couple of years, I can trade it in for my Passat :o) It gets much better gas mileage than the other car, which is a plus. And I like the navy color. My husband is going to get the windows tinted this week....we can get a really good deal! And hey, I'm no longer stuck without a car. That's good, right?

2 comments:

penners said...

It looks like a nice car (minus the bird poo on the side door)!

:)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the attachment to the car. Heck, I made my husband learn how to drive a stick shift so that we could keep my "ultimate driving machine". This one's nice though. I bet you'll grow to like it.